Thursday, January 26, 2006

UK Theme - demise of - discuss

Perhaps many of you are not aware of this catchy little number. Or perhaps, like me, you catch it from time to time in the greyish gloom of a new day.

For the Artist it's an irritation: a remembrance of a time when he had to get up very early in the morning to deliver veterinary supplies.

For me it particularly reminds me of a pin-money cleaning job and a halcyion last few months in our old home, coming home from cleaning up old lady spit and gardening in my lovely established garden full of hardy perennials and shrubs and peace.

It is, I suppose, an anachronism but is there really any harm? And if they suceed in dumping this what will be next - not Sailing By, please. It is so often the music we drift off to in that post-coital swoon.

The strength of feeling is apparent with questions tabled in parliament - I suppose, a ludicrous misuse of parliamentary time but I don't want it to go.

If you agree visit savetheradio4theme.co.uk and add your name.

In the scheme of things it's a trivial cause, I know but if things can be changed here, they can be changed in other places too.

No comments: