Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday picture


Sadly this is another one that has gone to the place where unwanted paintings (underneath other paintings) go. I love it and had I seen it before it was overpainted would have shouted "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" in slow motion. I love it. It helps that green is my favourite coulour. There is an underlying sense of corruption which I adore.

As ever it is by my lovely husband and talent on legs John Morris. We are excitedly awaiting delivery of two tote bags, a t-shirt and packet of greetings cards from here.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You're right, that is beautiful. Very haunting, in fact.
Shame its gone; good job you still have the picture of it.

Greg said...

I see what you mean by "underlying sense of corruption". It almost suggests decay, defilement. Very "Mordor"!
Strangely compelling and a sad loss.

kenju said...

Ooh, I love that one. Green is my favorite color as well. Michele sent me.