Monday, September 03, 2007

Back to school


LTB and Surrealo Son (oh, and me) are all back to school this week. The summer holidays have been a fantastic break and we had really lovely weather down in our little caravan. Since we have been home we have finished the bathroom, started the garden in earnest and made five pounds of blackberry jam.

I have planted out two of the rescued roses along with some crocosmia, some lilies, a Bishop of Llandaff Dahlia, some catmint, and rather a lot of herbs. There are also various things that I planted from mixed packets of seeds that are yet to be identified - some look a bit like sunflowers and the dog keeps eating them (who knew?) and the other has glaucous foliage with a red vein - keep your smutty thoughts to yourselves - and may well be a brassica of some type. Whatever, it has provided an attractive addition to the border.

I was also lucky to have been given some lavender plants and honeysuckles and jasmines by my mum for my birthday along with another beautiful David Austin rose "Heritage". Thanks Mum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow nice content!!!

http://vongadgets.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

put more posts up! I'm nosey and want to read! Diana