Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday Picture


These little oil pastels (Fruit Pastels as the Painter calls them) were created on sunny afternoons in our old garden with Harry Potter, the boy who lived HPTBWL (as the two year old genius is now known) running round in the nude and me pottering with plants.

It seems fairly unreal if you look back at how chewed up about it all I was at the beginning of this blog; I know feel quite light about it all. A lot of this has to do with the fact that my plants, as many of them as we could manage anyway, are now at the allotment. I got to say some things and clear my chest a bit after stroke number two and that has been freeing.

The Painter is about to go back to work we think - well atleast give it ago; I think he might find the trogging back and forth on the bus slightly more draining than he thinks but he can only give it a try. Driving is not an option yet; it might be if we had an automatic but a gear stick is just beyond the pale. The car is, in any case, garaged about a mile away as the crow flies. It has no MOT, a valid SORN and has been broken by the arsehole downstairs (that was a battle I didn't have the energy for) parking his tipper truck on the bonnet.

We never had any of this crap when we lived in the INNER CITY, the 'burbs suck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the picture. :)

Good luck with the returning to work thing: hope it goes well for him. Hope the journey's not too far? Bastard public transport...

She Weevil said...

It's not too far; he uses space in our old home (now that really is a long story) as a studio. Congrats on your word count. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.

Badaunt said...

I hope it goes well for him, too. And for you! It has been a rough year, and I'm always amazed at your patience and cheerfulness in the face of it all.

(I'm also interested to see what all this will do for his painting.)

She Weevil said...

Thanks both, for the luck. As for cheerfulness, I'm amazed that I come across that way. Most days I think morose sums me up best.
I think in many ways he's rather worried about the effect it might have but things, as they say, can only get better.

Madison said...

Thankk you for writing this